How to replace a Volkswagen Passat Engine Air Filter in 5 minutes and under $10.00 (Phillips Head Screwdriver required)
1. Order engine air filter online (EBay was used for this example $10.00 USD including shipping)
2. Locate the Engine air intake box in the right side of the engine compartment.
3. You will see the large box held together by screws. They can be removed with a Phillips head screwdriver
4. Remove the top enough to remove the old filter. Be careful not to disconnect any of the electrical components.
5. Insert the VW replacement engine air filter in the same exact way you removed the dirty air filter.
6. Replace top and screw top down tightly.
7. Voila, you are done 5 minutes later and have saved time and money avoiding a costly trip to your local Volkswagen dealer. Your engine will be more efficient and improved gas mileage and performance. Replace every 20,000 miles.
Subject Car: 2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 (B6 Passat years 05-09) Phillips Head screwdriver required