Replacing the Audi A6 cabin air filter is pretty easy. I definitely suggest buying an Audi air filter on EBay which was about $18 with shipping. You may have seen air filters at the local auto parts store for $40-50 or been quoted over $100 by your local Audi dealer. I will show you how to replace your air filter which requires no tools.
Instructions for replacement:
- Pop the hood (pull the hood release driver’s kick panel inside the car).
- Locate the the cabin air filter which is beneath the plastic cover. The Audi air filter is located on the passenger side just left of the battery.
- Pull the weather stripping off.
- Remove the plastic cover.
- Remove the cover by releasing the 2 clips.
- Slide the old filter out and place the new one same way. The air flow is downward.
- Reinstall the cover, clips, plastic cover and weather stripping in reverse order.
No tools were used to replace the Audi A6 3.0 Quattro cabin air filter. The entire procedure will take less than $20 and 5 minutes. These instructions will work for 1998-2004 Audi A6/S6 and 2002-2008 Audi A4/S4. For more fun Audi tips and tricks stay tuned.