Have you been watching the news everyday hearing about the federal bailout and wondering if there is any help for you regarding your home loan? I have been compiling some key resources regarding several government and non profit resources that are in place to assist troubled home owners. President Obama has recently passed legislation to help financially strapped homeowners in an effort to reduce foreclosures. Obama is expanding several programs and has started a few new one to address the current financial housing crisis.
If you know any one who is in trouble, please pass this information to them.
The following groups are available to help at-risk homeowners:
• HUD at (800) 569-4287, (877) 483-1515, or www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hccprof14.cfm
• HOPE NOW, a cooperative effort of HUD mortgage counselors and lenders to assist homeowners: (888) 995-HOPE or www.hopenow.com
• NeighborWorks America: www.nw.org/network/home.asp
• Federal mortgage modification and refinancing programs: www.makinghomeaffordable.gov
• The Controller of the Currency’s consumer information site for banking-related questions: www.helpwithmybank.gov
• OCC Customer Assistance Group: www.occ.gov/customer.htm
• Federal Trade Commission: www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/homes/rea04.shtm
• Federal Reserve Board: www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/foreclosurescamtips/default.htm